In this episode, we chat with Dave Paola, the founder of the Agency of Learning, an organization aimed at getting early-career developers job-ready, especially developer boot camp graduates. We delve into the history of boot camps, identify key gaps in current education methods, and explore how the Agency of Learning addresses these gaps by simulating a real-team environment and emphasizing technical and non-technical skills.
Resources and Links
- Visit the Agency of Learning to learn more about Dave's innovative approach to junior engineer hiring and management.
- For a more in-depth understanding of teaching for mastery, check out Sal Khan's illuminating TED Talk.
- Get involved with open-source contributions and support social good with Ruby for Good.
- Discover Casa, a case management open-source app that supports volunteer work for children in foster care.
- Dive deeper into the tech industry's professional growth and career progression with Engineering Ladders.
- Check out "Engineering Management for the Rest of Us" by Sarah Drasner for relatable and pragmatic advice on engineering management.
- Read David Marquet's transformative leadership book, "Turn the Ship Around" for a novel perspective on leadership and management.
- Connect with our guest on Twitter @dpaola2 for more enriching content and discussions.